The Research Analyst provides research support for the Institute's consulting practice that operates throughout the United States and abroad. This position will be based in Washington, D.C.
At any given time, this position provides research and administrative support for a portfolio of 10+ strategy consultancies, supporting the Institute’s principals and team of senior consultants.
This individual is responsible for the following, primary roles:
- Provides research and strategy development support across all active consultancies, including, but not limited to, mission analysis, environmental research and analysis, internal analysis and organizational audit, survey development and administration, donor prospect research, internal and external stakeholder interviews.
- Leads research and data analysis, as needed, for Institute special projects
- Executes technical support for meetings, teleconferences, and webinars
- Collects, organizes, and maintains client information and materials, research, and other intellectual property required for and developed within in the context of consultancies on the Institute’s network drive and online platforms. (OneNote, SharePoint, Outlook)
- Manages intern research support, as applicable
- Provides ad hoc research, as requested
Required aptitudes include:
- Search engines and nonprofit research tools acumen
- Financial and budgeting acumen
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Impeccable writing (in English)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, including Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- High level of comfort with ambiguity
- Bachelor’s degree required, with interest in arts management preferred
- Experience working in a cultural institution preferred
- Strongest candidates will have experience working in a development department
- Strongest candidates will have a minimum of 3 years experience in a professional setting
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. The DeVos Institute offers a comprehensive benefits package to include: 3 weeks paid vacation and 10 sick days per year, health, vision, dental, short-term and long-term disability and life insurance, and a tax deferred 401k with employer match.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and salary history and requirements to:
Director of Finance and Administration