INTERACT ARTS SCHOOLS LEADERSHIP INTENSIVE
The Orange County School of the Arts (OCSA), a national model for sustained excellence in art school management, and the DeVos Institute of Arts Management are pleased to offer a three-day training and consultation program for senior executives, administrative staff, and board leadership of arts schools nationwide. The InterACT Arts Leadership Intensive also serves:
- department chairs;
- arts program directors and coordinators;
- administrators; and
- fundraising, marketing, human resource, and finance personnel.
The InterACT Arts Leadership Intensive will take place June 14 – June 16, 2018, in Orange County, California. Now in its third year, InterACT is pleased to offer, for the first time, a two-part structure (“101” and “201” levels) for both first-time and returning participants. Tuition includes lunch each day and a cocktail reception. Group discounts are available.
- InterACT 101 Tuition: $295
- InterACT 201 Tuition: $295
- 101 and 201 Package: $415 (30% discount)
Led by Brett Egan of the DeVos Institute and Ralph S. Opacic, Ed.D., of OCSA, the InterACT Arts Leadership Intensive is well-suited to schools at a variety of developmental stages:
- Advanced-capacity institutions seeking a “refresh”;
- Established institutions looking for recalibration in key areas;
- Institutions requiring immediate evaluation; and
- New and emerging arts schools.
InterACT 101 Primary Learning Objectives
- Reinforce and activate organizational mission and long-term strategic planning throughout administrative and curricular activity.
- Engineer a leap from “good” to “great” in key governance areas including program development, marketing and communications, strategic planning, human resource development, financial planning, fundraising, parent/volunteer engagement, and community engagement.
- Leverage essential management principles from the non-profit, arts school, and for-profit sectors.
- Develop strategies to maximize success and effectiveness in gift solicitation.
- Build a culture that supports collaboration between students, staff, volunteers, parents, and administrators.
InterACT 102 Primary Learning Objectives
- Establish a team that implements effective institutional and programmatic marketing initiatives by communicating with potency, both internally and externally, and limiting the time and expense required to do so.
- Cultivate an institution-wide “culture of philanthropy” that builds family and prepares parents, alumni, and other stakeholders for increased, long-term investment.
- Maximize the board-staff relationship, increasing value and impact on both sides of the partnership.
In addition to group training, the InterACT Arts Leadership Intensive will offer a limited number of optional, one-on-one consultations for an additional tuition of $150. In preparation for each consultation, DeVos Institute and/or OCSA leadership will review documentation provided by you or your school to ensure maximum productivity. The agenda for the consultation will be developed by the participating organization.
June 14: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (lunch provided)
June 15: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (lunch provided with cocktail networking mixer and optional Pacific Symphony Concert to follow)
June 16: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (lunch provided)
The deadline to register is June 1. For more information, please download the program brochure or contact Marie Gossman at the DeVos Institute at MEGossman@DeVosInstitute.net.