INTERACT ARTS SCHOOLS LEADERSHIP INTENSIVE
The Orange County School of the Arts (OCSA), a national model for sustained excellence in art school management, and the DeVos Institute of Arts Management are pleased to offer a two-day training and consultation program for senior executives, administrative staff, and board leadership of arts schools nationwide. The InterACT Arts Leadership Intensive also serves:
- department chairs;
- arts program directors and coordinators;
- administrators; and
- fundraising, marketing, human resource, and finance personnel.
The InterACT Arts Leadership Intensive will take place June 14 – June 15, 2018, in Orange County, California. Tuition includes lunch each day and a cocktail reception. Group discounts are available.
Led by Brett Egan of the DeVos Institute and Ralph S. Opacic, Ed.D., of OCSA, the InterACT Arts Leadership Intensive is well-suited to schools at a variety of developmental stages:
- Advanced-capacity institutions seeking a “refresh”;
- Established institutions looking for recalibration in key areas;
- Institutions requiring immediate evaluation; and
- New and emerging arts schools.
InterACT Primary Learning Objectives
- Reinforce and activate organizational mission and long-term strategic planning throughout administrative and curricular activity.
- Engineer a leap from “good” to “great” in key governance areas including program development, marketing and communications, strategic planning, human resource development, financial planning, fundraising, parent/volunteer engagement, and community engagement.
- Leverage essential management principles from the non-profit, arts school, and for-profit sectors.
- Develop strategies to maximize success and effectiveness in gift solicitation.
- Build a culture that supports collaboration between students, staff, volunteers, parents, and administrators.
In addition to group training, the InterACT Arts Leadership Intensive will offer a limited number of optional, one-on-one consultations for an additional tuition of $150. In preparation for each consultation, DeVos Institute and/or OCSA leadership will review documentation provided by you or your school to ensure maximum productivity. The agenda for the consultation will be developed by the participating organization.
June 14: 9:00 am – 4:30 pm (lunch provided)
June 15: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (lunch provided with cocktail networking mixer and optional Pacific Symphony Concert to follow)
The deadline to register is June 1. For more information, please download the program brochure or contact Marie Gossman at the DeVos Institute at MEGossman@DeVosInstitute.net.