2017 InterACT Arts Leadership Intensive
The Orange County School of the Arts (OCSA), a national model for sustained excellence in art school management, and the DeVos Institute of Arts Management are pleased to offer a two day training and consultation program for senior executives, administrative staff, and board leadership of arts schools nationwide. The InterACT Arts Leadership Intensive also serves:
- department chairs,
- arts program directors and coordinators,
- administrators, and
- fundraising, marketing, human resource, and finance personnel.
The InterACT Arts Leadership Intensive will take place June 30 - July 1, 2017, in Orange County, California.
Led by Brett Egan of the DeVos Institute and Ralph S. Opacic, Ed.D., of OCSA, the InterACT Arts Leadership Intensive is well-suited to schools at a variety of developmental stages:
- Advanced-capacity institutions seeking a “refresh”;
- Established institutions looking for recalibration in key areas;
- Institutions requiring immediate evaluation; and
- New and emerging art schools.
Primary Learning Objectives
- Reinforce and activate organizational mission and long-term
strategic planning throughout administrative and curricular activity.
- Engineer a leap from “good” to “great” in key governance areas including curriculum design, marketing, financial planning, fundraising, and parent/volunteer engagement.
- Leverage essential management principles from the non-profit, arts school, and for-profit sectors.
- Build a culture that supports collaboration between students, staff, volunteers, parents, and administrators.
- Maximize the staff-board relationship, increasing value and impact on both sides of the partnership.
In addition to group training, the InterACT Arts Leadership Intensive will offer a limited number of optional, one-on-one consultations for an additional tuition of $150. In preparation for each consultation, DeVos Institute and/or OCSA leadership will review appropriate documentation to ensure maximum productivity. The agenda for the consultation will be developed by the participating organization.
- June 30: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (lunch provided with Cocktail Mixer to follow)
- July 1: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (lunch provided)
For more information, download the program description or contact Marie Gossman at the DeVos Institute at MEGossman@DeVosInstitute.net.