DeVos Institute Opens Applications for Fellowship Program
September 16, 2016
Rapid changes in technology, demographics, and the economy are complicating the role of arts managers worldwide. But across art forms and on six continents, alumni of the DeVos Institute of Arts Management's Fellowship program are helping their organizations to thrive, balancing best practices with bold, innovative approaches.
Apply now for the DeVos Institute's Fellowship program for arts managers from across the United States and around the world. Led by DeVos Institute executives, consultants, and experts in the field, this highly competitive program provides practical training in such essential areas as strategic planning, fundraising, and marketing. Fellows attend a four-week intensive in Washington, D.C. each summer for three consecutive years, where they also collaborate on team projects and discuss strategies that have — and haven't — proven successful at their organizations, fostering a dynamic exchange of ideas.
The deadline to apply for the 2017-19 Fellowship is December 1, 2016.
The DeVos Institute's Fellowship program includes:
- Intensive academic training in nonprofit management, finance, planning, fundraising, evaluation, and marketing;
- Access to leaders of cultural institutions from throughout the United States, including site visits to select institutions;
- Collaborative group work; and
- Ongoing personalized mentoring, both during and between the month-long residencies.
The program is offered free of charge and provides:
- Air and ground transportation between Washington, D.C. and their city of residence;
- Lodging during the Fellowship;
- Per diem to cover living expenses during the Fellowship;
- Visa sponsorship (for international applicants); and
- Program materials.
- Have a minimum of five years' experience working in an administrative capacity in an arts or cultural organization;
- Currently serve as the executive director (or equivalent) or the head of a major department within an arts or cultural organization;
- Have an excellent command of business English (both oral and written); and
- Be able to commit to the full term of the Fellowship program.
Fellows will be in residence in Washington, D.C. and College Park, Maryland on June 26 – July 21, 2017; June 25 – July 20, 2018; and July 1 – July 26, 2019.
For more information, contact info@DeVosInstitute.net.